Tuesday 10 July 2012

Hi Blog Friends,

I am writing this amidst fighting off rampaging mosquitos and trying to remain cool(ish) in 30+ degree humid weather. In the winter I may occassionally wish for such heat, but now I know to be careful what you wish for. We are at Luseland Bible Camp this week. We arrived last night and camp started today. We are enjoying it a lot and feel blessed to be here as we are feeling so welcome despite being newbies. Its hard to believe but this is already our 6th camp. I sometimes think about the camps we have already been to and wonder how they are doing. I wonder if Josh and Bodie from Blue Bronna are still syling the sunglasses we gave them, if May from Circle Square Ranch is excited or sad to be returning to Germany soon, if the Bear Lake Bible Camp Staff have had anymore paintball wars without us, if the David Thompson Bible camp staff are surviving the mosquitos and if the Riverside Bible Camp staff have caught up on their sleep yet. It is crazy to think about how many people we have met already this summer.

Especially I wonder how the campers are doing. Some of them are searching for Christ and some of them do not yet understand what is available to them or that they need Him. I think that may be one of the most difficult parts of camp is leaving the people that we meet completely in God's hands. We often do not see the results of our labour and many times we are called to release hurting people back to hurtful situations. I am learning to leave people in God's hands and trust that whatever happens, God will be glorified. He will not give His glory away to another.

Please keep praying for our team. Also if you would like to support us financially please contact Peace River Bible Institute. Check its website at http://www.prbi.edu/ for information on how to contact the School. We would appreciate your participation in this ministry. It is not our ministry, it is God's alone.

Next Monday, we are headed to Shiloh Youth Ranch where we will get to see fellow student, Beth Herbert!

Well, I must go, I am falling asleep on my break time.

Sweating it out in Saskatchewan,
Kendra for Kimmie, Andrew and Heather.

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys! I think this is an amazing ministry opportunity! Camp is such a great outreach to children and an awesome way to connect with other believers and encourage one another. I wish PRBI had this when I was a student! Thank you for serving at Circle Square Ranch. That camp is incredibly special and dear to my brother(Dustin Burlet) and I. So thank you for serving and may Good continue to bless and encourage others through you and that in return you would be refreshed and blessed!

    ReplyDelete